Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hug it out

Rhea is at that age where I am pretty sure she understands everything I am saying to her.  And I am pretty sure she knows exactly what she should and should not do.  So last weekend she hit me really hard in the face.  I yelled at her that hitting is not nice and that she hurt Mommy.   I asked her to apologize to me and give me a hug.  With tear rimmed eyes she came over to me, gently touched my face and hugged me.  Nice right?  Well now that she knows what an apology is she is trying to use it to her advantage.  Like on Sunday when she bit me and I told her "no biting"  She leans into me and says "hugs, hugs" which was very nice.  But she proceeded to bite me again.   So it seems to me that every time we tell her "no" now she just smiles, yells "hugs",  gives hugs and kisses and continues to do what she was doing.  That somehow the cute little way she is apologizing will make you forget what you were mad about in the first place.  And I will tell you what.  It is working.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing