Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book Review - The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentleman Farmers

So I finished reading last week The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers: An Unconventional Memoir by Josh Kilmer-Purcell and I have to say I did really enjoy this book.  I do have to disclose that I am a big fan of his show Fabulous Beekman Boys so I may be a bit bias on my book review.   I just enjoyed the back story of how they came to find the Beekman and what they had originally wanted from the Beekman.  I liked learning more about the characters of Sharon Springs NY.  I loved this descriptions of the animals and his relationships with them.  I love his love hate relationship with Martha Stewart because don't we all have a love/hate relationship with her?  I loved the stories of the zombie flies that never die in the mansion.  I love how patient Farmer John is with the two of them.  I loved how he did not paint a picture of a magical life on a farm.  It was really hard for them and they continue to struggle. Towards the end of the book I truly believed Josh and Brent were going to break up but I have seen their show and the new season has just started on Planet Green so I assured myself that even though the book left me with a feeling of "the end', I knew their story continues on in television land!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing