Thursday, March 24, 2011

Book Review - Sarah's Key

I finally, after almost two years of my cousin Kerry begging me to, read Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.  And I have to say I loved the story.  It is a fictionalize story of true events that happened in Paris during the summer of 1942.  Thousands of Jewish families were arrested and sent to the Ve'lodrome d'Hiver just outside the city limits  and then transported to Germany.  The story focuses on Sarah Starzynski and her family.  The story is neat as it is told in the present day through Julia Jarmond, a American reporter living in France who is assigned to do an article on the 60 year anniversary of the Ve'lodrome d'Hiver.  Through her investigation, she discovers Sarah's story and how it is interlaced with her life now.  The subject matter was dark but the author left me wanting more.  Thanks Kerry for such a wonder read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing