Saturday, July 23, 2011

The She who became a He, turned back into a She, mistaken for He, but finally just She!

Justin and I headed to Children's Hospital in Boston on Monday for my Fetal Echo.  Because I am a type one diabetic they needed to check on our baby's heart to make sure it has developed properly.   The baby would not sit still for a minute!  They actually had to stop the test and have me walk around to get the baby to relax.  After and hour the tech was able to get the photos she needed and shortly after the Dr (who is a pediatric cardiologist) came in to go over the results with us.  She assured us everything is fine and the baby looks healthy.  She asked what we were having and we told her a girl.  She then told us she would take a peek and revealed that SHE was actually a HE!  What?  I asked if she was sure and she stated that I should just not listen to her and check with my Dr.   How reassuring.  Luckily for me I had a Dr's appointment scheduled for the very next day!  It was the longest night of my life.  The funny thing is we wanted a boy but I had bonded with the idea of a girl for the past three weeks and I was heartbroken.  (Plus my new Coach Diaper bag is pink and purple!!!)   When I arrived for my appointment on Tuesday I told the ultrasound tech the drama that occurred yesterday and she reassured me that the baby was a girl.  She also advised I ask my Dr to do a sex check on the baby during my exam.  When my Dr came in she stated that in my chart they had written down BOY from my last appointment!  I nearly fell off the table.  But she re-did the ultrasound and confirmed once and for all that SHE is a SHE!  Good thing I have ultrasounds scheduled so often.  I plan on having them "double check" when I go back on August 16th!  I included a photo below.  It's the creep 3D ones but she is sucking her thumb and rubbing her eye!  I think she looks like Justin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing