Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sleepless in North Grafton

Let me preface this post by saying I am not complaining about the lack of sleep.  What is the point?  Most of you out there are not sleeping for one reason or another.  It is amazing how you just adjust to running on four or two hours of sleep.  From the beginning Justin and I were blessed with a wonderful newborn who slept through the night almost immediately from birth.  On the nights she didn't make it through the night, she would only wake once and fall back to sleep immediately with the either my boob (when I was breast feeding) or a bottle.  Fast forward 9 months and her sleep has become sporadic and tiresome.   I mean last weekend she slept through the night until 7:30 AM.  Justin and I were so well rested, we felt like a million bucks.  That is until Sunday night and the rest of the week when she was awake at midnight, at 2, and at 4.  We started sleep training at the end of July but she came down with coxsackie, then cut her first tooth, then got coxsackie again, and is now in the process of cutting another tooth.  Sleep training doesn't work when you are sick and cutting teeth because the only thing that makes those things OK are Mommy and Daddy (mostly Mommy).   I probably should have spent last month reading up on sleeping and infants instead of reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy .  At the time I was staying up reading those books so sleep was something I wasn't doing anyway.  Now I want to sleep and I cannot.  I guess I am a glutton for punishment.  If anyone has any suggestions, I will be happy to hear them.  We have tried letting her cry it out, we have let her sleep with us, we have tried feeding her, not feeding her, and teething tablets which work to an extent but nothing is the solution.  And I know there is no one "solution" but I am willing to try anything at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing