Friday, October 21, 2011

Smashing Pumpkins Vs Eating Pumpkins

I grew up in the city and we never left our pumpkins out on our porch as we knew that someone would come along and smash it all over the ground.  Our pumpkins always sat on a chair looking out the window until after Halloween when my mom and dad would throw them away.  Now that I live in Suburbia, I don't have to worry about them "crazy kids" coming around and smashing my pumpkins.  So for the past three years I have gone to a farm and purchased multiple pumpkins and gourds to decorate the front of my house.  And every year since I have lived here the damn squirrels, bunnies, chipmunks, etc have had a field day eating my Halloween display.  I am thinking next year I will have to go back to my Boston Lockdown ways and keep the display inside.

 2009


 2010

2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing